swiss smile is a leading quality dental chain, positioned in the medium to upper price segment with eleven clinics in Switzerland
Founded in 2002 by the dentists and entrepreneurs Dr. Haleh Abivardi and Dr. Golnar Abivardi, swiss smile provides a full range of dental care and related services. The company differentiates itself through a strong brand, high medical standards, convenient opening hours, a modern infrastructure and an outstanding patient experience.
EQT acquired a co-control position in swiss smile in August 2013, with the founders remaining majority shareholders. The value creation plan centered around developing the corporate platform of the business and to accelerate organic and anorganic growth.
Together with EQT, swiss smile strengthened its management team, established clear corporate governance structures and improved financial transparency, transforming the company into a platform geared for further growth. During EQT’s investment period, swiss smile invested substantially in marketing to build its brand. Four dental practices were acquired and two greenfield operations were opened to further expand the strong position of swiss smile in the metropolitan area of Zurich and to build the presence in other regions of Switzerland. The growth initiatives have resulted in strong financial performance, with swiss smile nearly doubling revenues in the period from 2012 to 2016.
In June 2017, EQT sold its stake in swiss smile to Jacobs Holding. The parties have agreed not to disclose the financial details of the transaction.
Visit swiss smile
Key events during EQT’s ownership:
- Strengthening of the management team and corporate governance structure
- Development of the organizational structure to prepare for further growth
- Acquisition of four dental practices to strengthen the footprint in Switzerland and to manifest the already strong position in Zurich
- Opening of two new greenfield operations in Winterthur and Berne
- Substantial investments in marketing and corporate branding