Musti Group is the leading Nordic pet care specialist, offering a wide and curated range of pet supplies, accessories, foods and services. The company has a focused omnichannel operating model with a network of more than 280 physical stores across Finland, Sweden and Norway and over 20% of the net sales generated through online channel.
Musti Group was founded in 1988 in Finland and entered the Swedish market in 2012. Musti has established a strong platform from which it has driven market expansion on a mission to become the leading pan-Nordic group. In early 2015, the company expanded its presence in Sweden after acquiring the franchiser of pet specialty chains “Arken Zoo” and “Djurmagazinet”. The add-on also included “Trimmis” grooming salons and the veterinary chain “Vettris”. In late 2016, Musti Group opened its first stores in Norway. In 2017, Musti acquired digital competences through the acquisitions of VetZoo and Animail strengthening in-house developer team.
The successful and well-developed concept is based on a wide and curated assortment of pet food, accessories and services in combination with a strong culture of dedicated, knowledgeable and service minded employees. Today, Musti serves over one million loyal customers signed up to its loyalty club.
Key events during EQT's ownership
- Transformation from a Finnish retail concept into the leading omnichannel player in the Nordic pet care market
- Strong acceleration of growth and profitability driven by like-for-like growth, new store openings and a number of strategic acquisitions (Arken Zoo, Djurmagazinet, Peten Koiratarvike, Djurkompaniet, VetZoo and Animail)
- Implementation of seamless omnichannel business model
- Increased share of own and exclusive brand sales
- Significant group-wide IT system upgrade and centralized logistics
- Strengthened management team with modern retail experience