LBX Pharmacy is China's first discount pharmacy superstore chain. As of 30 September 2019, the company operated 3756 retail pharmacy chain stores in 22 provinces and three direct municipal cities across China.
LBX Pharmacy offers customers low prices, in-store consultation service and membership programs. New store formats with added focus on health and beauty products are being rolled out.
LBX was founded in 2001 in the Hunan province as a family business.
Visit LBX Pharmacy.
Key events since EQT investment
- In November 2019, EQT sold its remaining 24,78 percent stake in LBX Pharmacy
- IPO on the Shanghai Stock Exchange in April of 2015
- Increased number of stores from 210 in 2008 to 1483 in December 2015
- Several changes in top management including CEO, Hicks Feng (June 2010) and CFO, Zhang Linan (January 2016)
- Completed 20+ acquisitions during EQT ownership and increasing, including Hunan Xiangtan Haicheng Pharmacy Chain, Anhui Baixingyuan Pharmacy, Changzhou Wanren Pharmacy Chain, Baoqing Pharmacy Chain, Yaoshengtang, Qinghe Tang Pharmacy Chain, Weimin Pharmacy Chain, Kangyixin pharmacy Chain, Xi’an Youkang Pharmacy Chain
- Established a new regional distribution center in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province
- LBX launched SAP system in August 2013