Dometic is a global leader in branded solutions for mobile living in the areas of Climate, Hygiene & Sanitation and Food & Beverage. Sold in ~100 countries, products include items such as air conditioners, refrigerators, awnings, cookers, sanitation systems, and many more.
Domestic's main business is to be an OEM supplier to all the major manufactures of recreational vehicles (RV), leisure boats, trucks, hotels and cruise lines. Dometic's wide product range offers a one stop shop to OEMs. Dometic also has a retail business supplying car accessories, portable refrigerators and other products. After-market sales, largely replacement and upgrade products as well as traded goods, is another important sector for Dometic.
Dometic has 20 production sites located in North America, Europe and Asia.
Key events since EQT investment
- Centralized purchasing program
- Manufacturing footprint rationalization
- Working capital reduction program initiated
- Improved financial transparency
- Geographical expansion – sales offices in Poland and Brazil opened, and acquisition of Russian distributor
- Several changes in top management (new CEO and CFO)
- New strategy and organization