CBR is one of the major players in the German womenswear apparel market with two long-established brands, Street One and Cecil, serving points of sale across Europe.
EQT acquired CBR in 2007. As of December 2017, it had over 1,200 employees and supplied more than 8,300 sales outlets in 19 European countries. It operates under two long-term established brands: Street One and CECIL. Under EQT V ownership, the Company has significantly invested in the business and its IT, digital and logistic infrastructure. CBR has developed from a fast fashion wholesale retailer to a contemporary multi-channel women’s fashion provider with a strong e-commerce platform. With the introduction of an in-house retail business and e-commerce function, the Company is now present and well positioned throughout all important sales channels.
With a strategy of launching twelve new collections per year and a dedicated end customer focus, CBR successfully offers fashion at the right time and in line with ongoing trends. Thanks to efficient processes, stable relationships with wholesale partners and a steadily growing digital distribution channel, CBR is well positioned to capitalize on both online and offline sales opportunities.
Key events since EQT investment
- Launch of own online shop in 2011
- Matthias Born CFO from 2013, Jim Nowak Street One MD since 2016, Thomas Grote executive Chairman since 2016
- Closure of sub-scale brands One Touch and Cecil Men in 2012
- Expansion into own retail to drive multi-channel initiative in 2013
- Improved capital structure through successful bond issuance in 2017