Altus Intervention (rebranded from Qinterra) is a leading provider of well intervention services and tractor technology to the Oil & Gas industry, primarily in the North Sea where it is the market leader.
Altus Intervention conducts operations in oil and gas wells to maximize production, increase the recovery rate from reservoirs and extend the production life cycle of wells.
Altus Intervention is headquartered in Stavanger and has employees both onshore and offshore, with the majority based in Stavanger (Norway) and Aberdeen (UK). Altus Intervention also has operations in Europe, Americas, Africa, Middle East, and APAC.
Altus Intervention was formerly a sub-division of Oslo-listed Aker Solutions ASA, and was acquired by EQT in January 2014. The sub-division predominantly consisted of the two subsidiaries Aker Well Services (Norway) and Aker Qserv (UK).
Key events during EQT's ownership
- Carve-out from Aker Solutions progressed as planned including a company rebranding
- Signed numerous key contracts within both business units, securing a strong back-log and long-term development
- Significant investments in R&D capabilities and organization
- Expansion of tractor fleet to facilitate growth in the Technology business
- Merger of the Topside (formerly Altus Intervention) and Technology business (formerly Qinterra Technologies) into one common brand name; Altus Intervention